It helps to have hair that hasn’t been washed for at least a day and the best thing is that it doesn’t have to look too perfect.
- You will need to pull your hair through the band at least three times, On the first time, pull hair through like a normal pony tail, then, pull it back through half way, creating a small loop.
- Here you can get creative, pulling loose ends through the loop and what not, but that's for you to create and personalize if you wish, not necessary.
- Finally, double the loop over and secure with the band.
- To give your hair the funky loose ends, you have to double the loop so the loose ends stick out 1-2 inches.
- You may have to practice a bit, but its easy to catch on and personalize. No two messy buns are alike really.
- Personally I think long hair makes better messy buns, just because it makes a fuller bun, and gives you more to work with.
- You follow the same basic steps as the short hair, but on the first pull, don't pull your hair through the whole way.
- When you pull your hair through the second time, twist it around some, pulling it through half way again (not the full length, half of the second length.) repeat these steps until you get your full length into the bun.
- Don't make the bun as tight as possible, because then you lose the messy-ness of a loose bun.
- Put hair in a medium or low ponytail.
- Put your head down and put it so your hair falls into a circle around the ponytail holder.
- Grab the part right around the ponytail holder and wrap another one around it.
- Take some of the leftover pieces of hair and twist them and tuck them into the ponytail holder.
This seems so hard! lol I'm so serious! I need a video. I am the worst pony tail maker EVER. Unless I have like spent an hour curling and hairspraying my hair and THEN putting it up in a ponytail, I look totally bald or something. I have long hair and I'm not sure I get the technique right.ReplyDelete
You need to post a video for those of us in the remedial bun class!!!
i'm not a hair person.just short and sweet have a good day. roseReplyDelete
Emily...I will try and do a video for you!!!ReplyDelete