Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday Beauty Tips!! Beauty Secrets

  • For cellulite, scrub the skin with a bristle brush or loofah. Brush in slow sweeps, always toward the heart. There are gloves and mitts available to do this, but they're not necessary. Try to do this at least five minutes every day.
  • Also for cellulite - Copy the expensive herbal wraps offered by top spas. Mix a cup of corn oil with 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice and 2 teaspoons dried thyme. Massage into hip, thigh, and buttock areas. Cover with plastic wrap to lock in body heat. For extra results lay a heating pad over each area for five minutes.
  • Right from the can, Crisco is a big secret among beautiful women. Use it to remove makeup and as a highly effective moisturizer. Hospitals even use it to treat psoriasis and eczema.
  • Raw potato slices contain potassium to take away dark circles under the eye.
  • To lighten age spots and sun-damaged skin, mix the juice of 1 lemon, 1 lime, 2 tablespoons of honey, and 2 ounces of plain yogurt. Gently massage into each spot. Use at least once a week.
  • The best leave-in conditioner for your hair is nothing other than laundry room fabric softener. It's very strong, so be sure to dilute it. Suggestions: 1 cup water, 1/2 cup fabric softener.
  • Parsley is rich in chlorophyll. It is a major ingredient in leading breath fresheners, such as Clorets and Certs. Don't spend lots of money for internal breath fresheners, eat parsley!
  • Create your own tinted lip gloss. Simply mix any of your favorite lipsticks with a dab of Vaseline. A little bit of red or orange in the center of the lips makes them look fuller
  • When coloring hair - Color hair that has not been washed for 1 day. The natural hair oils will assist in making the hair color application more successful. The color will cling better to hair that is not freshly washed. 
  • Manicure - Mix one cup of warm water and the juice of one-half lemon. Soak your fingertips for five minutes. Rinse and pat dry, pushing back cuticles. Rub lemon peel against your nails, back and forth vigorously. Finish by buffing with a soft cloth.
  • Your nail polish will always be smooth and easy to apply it you store it in the refrigerator. Frosted nail polish will not separate. However, if it has hardened or is gummy, place the bottle in a pan of boiling water. The polish will be like new.
  • Oily skin holds perfume scents longer than dry skin. So, before applying perfume, rub a very thin layer of Vaseline or petroleum jelly on your skin and you will smell delicious for hours.
  • To remove the redness from pimples, rub a tiny spot of visine on the pimple.
  • Worried about cellulite? Rub used coffee grounds where the problem exists (cellulite cream is mostly caffeine based).
  • To raise the ph level of shampoo, add aspirin to it.
  • Need an emery board and can't find one? You can use the strike plate on a book of matches.
  • Rubbing Pepto-Bismal on your skin is a better facial than peel off masks.

15 comments:

  1. Great tips!! I can see myself running around with Pepto Bismal on my face (scaring the children). haha!!

    Seriously some of these are new to me. Thanks for sharing! Have you tried any?

    If you haven't entered my first ever giveaway for a $40 gift card to csnstores.com. Please do!

    http://ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    Thanks Java!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following, I'm following you back :)

    Interesting about the Crisco. My youngest son has eczema and after not having any breakouts in over a year I noticed a dry spot on his neck last night. I'm gonna put some Crisco on it when he gets up and see if it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are great I have heard of some of them but not all, so thank you, BTW I am totally following you lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I can really get rid of cellulite with coffee grounds I will be a new woman!
    Folowing you back!
    Plantress

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is alot of good info there. You mean...the pink liquid pepto bismol....rub it on your face, for how long.
    interesting.

    and the perfume idea....that is pretty neat. Guess if I am going to spend lots of money on perfume, I need for it to last eh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great beauty tips!!! Thanks oodles for your lovely comment on my blog :) Meet Me Monday was super fun!!

    Have a great day,

    -Shopper Gal
    http://www.shoppergal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I def need to try that tip about potatoes for dark circles!

    I am a new follower from the Tuesday Tag-Along Blog Hop!

    Diane @ Me, Him and the Cats

    http://mehimandthecats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. saw your comment and yes i added you to my page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Raw potato for dark eye circles?!? Well if you say it works then I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and I was going to ask you, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MASCARA. I have been on a search for a great. non clumping. mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please let us know about the pepto bismol? What ingredient does it contain that makes your recommend it? And, is it the liquid?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your beauty tips!

    Your newest follow from Tuesday Follows. Hope to see you at Dropped Stitches!

    xo Erin
    droppedstitches72.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. great beauty tips. the use of parsley to help with the breath was something i never heard about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all these home made remedies. I knew about the coffee, and the pepto bismol one is the one I'll try now.

    Thank you for doing this.

    Hope all is well...how is work?

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!