Thursday, July 29, 2010

Debi Scissorhands Part 2

Tonight I get to go back to Debi Scissorhands to try on my dress and I get to see what magic Debi was able to do with the dress! If you missed part 1 you can read it HERE. I am anxious to see the dress and so I'm very excited about it! I'm going to have Joe come along and take pictures but not too many pictures because I don't want you guys to see the dress until the Wedding! I will do a post on the dress probably on Saturday because tomorrow is Follow Friday! So please check back then for the update! Wish me luck!!

Thanks for all the advice you gave me yesterday regarding Tall!  You were all very helpful and yes I try to have a sense of humor about the whole thing like the list of 20 things but even though its a hard thing to imagine, it is reality....and that's why its hard to comprehend.  We don't ever want to imagine our kids having sex....the same way they probably can't imagine us having sex either!  I am glad the line of communication are open and I plan to keep it that way. The single most important thing when talking to your son/daughter about sex is to link the subject to marriage and family and to love and commitment in a clear and positive way. 

I learned something about Tall.  I learned that he was no longer my little   boy, but was rather a young man with morals, values and intellect, trying to navigate his way through the matrix of life.

So onward we go into the unknown, ever evolving, magical blessing known as parenthood. I wouldn’t rather be doing anything else right now!!

11 comments:

  1. Cheers to you for handling it so well! I just wrote in my post this morning that wouldn't it be nice if your kids came with instruction books. Parenting isn't easy but it is so worth it:) Good Luck with this new chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. java, wait till he's an adult... my two oldest girls, excuse me young women, well, the issues never seem to go away- they live together and the issues they go thru w/each other, u would think they were 9 and 12 again!. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have such a good attitude about it. It's tough sometimes to face that they are growing into adults....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids are like butterflies You nourish them with love, guidance, morals , humor etc and then you watch them fly and they survive out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with Debi! I imagine when my daughter hits that stage, hopefully given she is only three not for a good long time yet, that I will find it hard to accept she is growing up too, but as you say, the most important thing is to keep those lines of communication open and accept that they are growing up and help them navigate through it all as best we can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, missed the last post obviously...so I am off to read it!

    Have fun with the dress...you will look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been anxiously waiting to hear more about the dress. I can't wait.
    I'm so proud of you and the way you handled Tall's surprise. Believe me, you've got to maintain a sense of humor in raising kids...boys or girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see that gorgeous dress!!

    You're a good mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like you've made the adjustment to your teen growing up - congrats, really. But getting back to the wedding - I wonder what the bride's mother is going to wear (I'm thinking something long and flowery with sparkly flip-flops...no?) Okay, I can't wait to see your dress, smiles. This is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debi Scissorhands sounds amazing! I always wished I could do that. Of course, considering that I hate to sew, I think that’s pretty unlikely.

    It sounds like you’re handling the situation with your son well. If you’re able to talk honestly and with love, you should both end up just fine! My 20- and 25-year-old made it through dating and all without problems because we were able to communicate openly. Topics can be a little weird at time, but it’s all good!

    Visiting from your blog hop! All you do for us over 40 bloggers is awesome!

    http://RaisingFigureSkaters.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was the saddest part of our boy's situation. He had gotten her a promise ring and wanted to go the distance. He wanted to get college out of the way... or at least a good part of it, before making the big leap. She pretended to be into the idea and jumps on the next 2 guys she meets on the city bus! It's almost been a year and he hasn't steady dated since. I'm just glad the girl followed one of the guys out of state and he doesn't have to bump into her around campus! (Yes, the s-l-u-t word comes to my mind every time I think of her. Good riddance!)

    Your further advice on tying intimacy to love, commitment and marriage is so AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!