Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A job, a BB Gun, a clutch purse and Tampons!

Whew what a couple of days it has been for me!!!  It all started on Friday when my boss decides to quit!!  She put the key on the desk...gave no notice and out the door she went!  As you know from before,  she was driving me crazy any how and so I was very happy that she left!  Today my boss of the boss that quit drove up (the corporate office is about an hour away) and basically said that they don't know yet what they plan on doing for staffing but that I was to do the manager's job (the one that quit) for 2 weeks until they decide what to do....so hummmm....I have to do her job for two weeks...no extra pay and no word as to if I would get the promotion to manager.  It is just me and the part-timer now running the place!  I guess I will just wait and see what they decide to do but if I find out in 2 weeks that I am not getting promoted to the manger's position then I will be looking for another job!

Then Friday night I had the disaster with my dress!!  I was stressed out from work and then that happened!  Thank goodness it all ended in a good way!  The more I look at the dress, the more I love it and think that it is much more suited for me!!

Then Saturday I went to pick up Short at his friends house.....the one that his father passed away....well they had been at another friends house....well the Mom said that there was a little "accident" with Short....Short turns his head and there is clearly a mark on the side of his face...near his eye.....he got shot with a BB gun!!!!   Omg....it is so close to his eye!  What were they doing with BB guns and why wasn't there any supervision??   He had never been to this kids house and it will be a long time before he goes again!
Photobucket 

Short may be wearing some make-up for the wedding!!

I did 3 hair-cuts on Sunday for the wedding....Grande, Tall and Short.....my Mom called and wants a hair-cut tomorrow....Venti called and wants a hair-cut Thursday....I work all week...with no boss.....I was supposed to get my period last Tuesday and was happy about that because then it would be all over by the wedding...but NO...I have not gotten it YET...no sign of it....so now I'll probably get it when I walk down the isle....maybe I should have looked for a red dress.....my little clutch purse isn't big enough to hold my lipstick and tampons!!!!  Ugh!

I think I'll be ready for a good drink at the wedding....and I don't drink!

See you tomorrow for Wordless Wednesday.....If I can make it!  :)

18 comments:

  1. What a week. I know boys will be boys, but a BB gun almost in the EYEBALL! Yeah, that's not cool.

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading that post exhausted me! You certainly have a lot going on. I'm sure stress has your cycle all crazy. Once the kids say "I do" you'll be able to take a breather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a week!!!!! You need a calgon moment,girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need a *hug* and I highly recommend chef boyardee in moments like these, except not right before a wedding, so scratch that, i recommend that you hold your breath and keep your eyes closed for four more days....
    HAND IN THERE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there, Sweetie. It's all going to be okay. Try some deep breathing exercises and see if that helps you relax. I'll be thinking of you. Actually, I have. I woke up this morning thinking, "four more days to the wedding. I wonder how Java is doing."

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, they tried to tell us in The Christmas Story. "You'll shoot yer eye out" with a bb gun, lol!
    Breathe, Java! It will be fine, as long as you breathe, and sleep, and eat right, AND TAKE CARE OF YOU! Hugs!
    Bernice

    ReplyDelete
  7. How scary! Short was very very lucky!

    The wedding is getting close. I remember those pre-wedding jitters. Hang in there sweet friend. All is going to be wonderful.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. They better give you that promotion, you've been doing the job the whole time anyway and they better give you a darn big raise too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look on the bright side: If you stay stressed, maybe you won't have the need for tampons until after the wedding! :D
    Breathe, Java, BREATHE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no. That is really close to his eye! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need a drink after reading that and I DON'T DRINK EITHER. Egads. Your days have been so hectic. No wonder your period has headed for the hills. It has completely stressed out and taken a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The BB-gun incident scares me. Definitely not cool. As for the job, a similar thing happened to me years ago, and it worked out wonderfully. For two weeks, I would give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG.....BB guns or any gun for that matter...in the hands of a child.....I shiver to think what could have happened......so glad his okay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds like work is going to be a pain in the __. hope it's not too bad. i agree, Short doesn't need to go back any time soon to the friends house. glad no eye injury. all will be well at the wedding. take care. rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've had a week! Wow! I'm so glad your son did not have a more severe injury. Those industrial strength guardian angels are so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad your son did not get it in the eye! Geez that was a close one! Stress has taken it's toll on your period as well I feel sure. Look at it this way, if things really do come in 3s, you're all done with the bad- job situatioin; bb near the eye; and dress.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Be aggressive!! You tell that boss you CAN do that job and have been for the past weeks! Don't wait for him to find someone, let him know now! Tell him you can PROVE you can do that job! Sell yourself! If you're THAT confident, then let him know! DON'T WAIT! Squeaky wheels get the oil...

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!