Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday Tips: How to Make the Most of Your Life...

  1. Keep age in perspective. Never think of age as being anything but just a number. There are some things in life we have no control over, such as when we were born. Age is no more than a circumstantial detail, like the color of your eyes, or the names of your parents; it does not define who you are. There are other things that do--those things we do have control over, such as how we think and what we do. 
  2.  Live and enjoy each day. There is always something positive or something to look forward to each day. Enjoy the sun shining on your plants, or movies you are going to see. Look forward to reading a good book, or meeting with friends for lunch.  You can do this at a supermarket, or even a department store or coffee shop.
  3. Don't waste your time thinking that you're too old to do this or that. As long as you have your health, you can do just about anything you find an interest in doing.  Just learn new things that you haven't learned before, don't worry if it's too "young," nothing is.  
  4. Take care of your body. Take vitamins and eat healthy. Exercise at either a gym or at home. Dance to the music on a CD, as moving your body is great exercise. Get a full physical and visit your dentist at least once a year.
  5. The exercise aspect is vital. Our bodies need to move. They need to be used to their full range and ability every day. Tai Chi is a good form of movement that will provide this whole body activity but it's not for everyone. Explore physical activities to find one that you enjoy, makes you feel good after practicing, and that you can do every day. Hiking and swimming are also excellent options. 
  6. Don't look back. Don't worry about what happened in the past. Live just for today. The one thing that no one can change is the past. What has been is over and done with. The future has not yet come, so all we have is today. So enjoy today, let the past go, and plan for the future. 
  7. Keep your mind alert. Do crossword puzzles, learn a new language, or take up a hobby you were always too busy for.  Blog every day!  It will keep your mind alert!
  8. Keep up with the news.  By doing this, you always will be able to converse with most people. Be up to date on what is new in politics, fashion, and/or in computers. Learn about the new methods of treatments and the new drugs available so you can advise your family members, who might need the information. 
  9. Be Optimistic. Try to avoid thinking negative thoughts as it will get you no place except sadness. Go out with a smile on your face, and enjoy the rest of your life as best as you can. 
  10. Do something different every day. The local newspapers usually have a weekly schedule of activities. Find one that you would enjoy and go for it! Perhaps the museum or a flower show might tickle your fancy this week.

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Java. I'd add start TODAY with planning and preparing to remain young. If you let yourself go when you are 30, 35, or 40, you may never get it back. Live active, live young, live joyously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel energized after reading you! what a great source of positive thoughts and so easy to achieve - you are a great example, Java. Thanks tons and have a wonderful-active-positive-beautiful Tuesday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips. Learn a new language; how about Finnish?! :)
    1. Moi! = Hi!
    2. Kiitos! = Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great!! number 6 I must do better with...HHL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips, Java! I agree with all of them. I don't always succeed in every point, but the effort is what counts in my book. I started doing crossword puzzles and cryptoquotes and such when I became disabled and no longer had the day to day challenges that you encounter with a career. They say that keeping your mind alert with daily "exercise" like that can help to fend off the onset of dementia related diseases like Alzheimer's.

    Have a great week!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a great post! I NEED to concentrate on your #5!!
    What it kinda weird is I posted one very similar yesterday! Great minds/kindred spirits?? LOL

    If you would like to read it here is:
    http://melody-mae.blogspot.com/2010/10/40-ways-to-live-better-life.html

    blessings,
    melody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips. It's especially 9 and 10. That's the biggest challenge these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good afternoon Java. No I'm not dead, just busy per usual. I so miss being here though so need to get my crap together so can be a bit more organized and ready for Fridays.
    I love this list. You are so right. #8 is my down fall. I hate the news, I know it's stupid and really need to keep up to date. I will have to work harder on that part.
    You take care and have a blessed afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent tips! To me, feeling young is so much a state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome tips!! I am already starting with learning a new system on the computer!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips and I totally agree! Variety is the spice of life :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Tuesday Tips! I'm sharing your link with all my girlfriends today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your post..so true..so true. Thanks for the reminder!

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like #6. Keep telling my husband that one.

    Great post! Uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Java, great uplifting post. I need to read #6 every day...those are my worst issues..wishing for what was and being back a few years..different decisions would be made, etc..but can't go back, can only move forward! thanks for sharing!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so right!! We should all try to do these things!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. #6 is my top pick =) yep this tip will sure lessen many problems and worries. too many people live on the past that they lose hope of the future. Some are stuck in memory lane that they don't wanna do anything but sit and think about the things that had happened.. well life goes on and on and on and on =)

    The best is yet to come =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Java, Sorry that I've been absent from blogging the past few weeks, but I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for posting a few weeks ago on my weekend link-up. I featured your post as one of the most inspirational today! I hope you stop by again with your wisdom again! Hugs, Roz

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!