Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Weekend...

This was my first weekend in a long, long time that I didn't have anything to do!  It was heaven!  I especially couldn't wait to sleep in and so what do I do this morning....I lay there wide awake thinking about how I better get up and put my roast in the crock pot or it will never be done in time!  Sigh....

Venti and Mocha come home this evening from their Honeymoon!  I haven't heard one word from them so I'm anxious to hear how their trip was!  Venti has to work tomorrow because he doesn't have any more time that he can take off...I'm sure he will be so tried!  We won't get to see them until next weekend though because the airport that they flew in to is only about 20 minutes from their house.  Next weekend is my brother-in-laws surprise 50th birthday party and I'm hoping they come home for it.

Yesterday I kept thinking about how its been a week already that they got married. I wish I could relive it all over again....even all the tears!

Come back this evening for the Meet Me On Monday meme....I have some great questions this week!!

14 comments:

  1. Put your feet up today and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, they are married! Do you keep reminding yourself of that fact? I do with my son and his WIFE!! Heehee! Makes me giggle every time!

    Mine stayed off FB , email and turned off their phones while on honeymoon, I was so proud but it also drove me crazy. Some younger newlyweds we know recently kept sending in FB updates and pics all thru their honeymoon. I told them I felt like we were with them and to stop it!

    Enjoy your chance to just relax and relive it in your mind & heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pot raost will get done, if dinner is a little late .. the world will not come to and end.. *smiling* ... Enjoy your day and the memories of your son's wonderful day... xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I hate that feeling, wishing to sleep in and yet we are our own worst enemy for relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our minds are just too full to ever totally enjoy the free time.... :o) I never thought it would be this way when I got to be "a certain age". I thought I would have a LOT of free, mindless time, but that is not the case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about want to relive the wedding! I felt the same way about my daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy just relaxing. I suggest a good book and a glass of red wine. And some dark chocolate, of course. My three favorite things.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once we got our daughter's wedding pictures I wore the album out looking at them over and over and over again! Weddings are so wonderful- even the parts that put us on edge for a moment or two! We have one down, three to go! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have forgotten how to relax and enjoy yourself! Never fear... it comes back. It is like riding a bike:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had such a relaxing weekend! I absolutely hate it when I want to sleep in but I wake up at the normal time, then lay there thinking about what I need to do. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Mom...Pot roast on Sunday!!

    Carol-the gardener

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for adding me to your over 40 bloggers...
    It might take me awhile, but I'm planning on visiting every one on your list.

    Have a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. a day late, tears are a natural part of a wedding. rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful wedding it was! I loved reading all your wonderful posts and seeing all the amazing photos of the preparations, rehearsal, and wedding - definitely an event no one involved will ever forget!
    http://RaisingFigureSkaters.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!