Saturday, June 19, 2010

Vacation: Day 1

Thank you to everyone that participated in yesterday's Follow Friday 40 and Over Blog Hop! It was one of the most successful editions yet!! Everyone is enjoying connecting with others in same age group, including myself! I am always anxious to see the new joiners and I'm ever so grateful for the loyal continuous members!

Yesterday we ventured on our way to vacation at the beach for a week! We jammed packed the car with a weeks worth of stuff that we probably won't even use! We didn't have room for one more thing! We had a 4 hour ride ahead of us and off we went. After about 20 minutes Grande had to go to the bathroom...we finally found a Sheetz and he practically ran in to go to the bathroom! Stomachache! Then some lady came over into our lane and ran us off the road!! Almost gave Tall a heart attack cause he was sleeping! We stopped at a McDonald's which had to be the dirtiest McDonald's I have ever been in. If it wasn't that fact that we searched for 1/2 for some place to eat, I would have gone somewhere else! 5 hours later and we arrived!!



The view from our room is amazing!



We unpacked..made the beds and Joe and I headed out to the grocery store for snacks and drinks. I do not cook on vacation..because it is VACATION!!
$200 later and enough snacks for everyone we headed back to our place.

By then everyone was hungry so we headed for the boardwalk.  We saw an Army guy all in gold!!


We saw an amazing artist make pictures in a matter of minutes out of spray paint!



Grande, Tall and Short posed in the elevator



We went out on the beach and took a picture of our place

Tomorrow Venti and Mocha will be coming till Sunday night so we are really looking forward to that!  Come back tomorrow for Vacation: Day 2!!

10 comments:

  1. where you are looks familiar to me? hmm....trying to figure out where you are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't thinking Ocean City Maryland but I have been there twice. I was thinking Wildwood, NJ?? Cape May? somewhere around there.
    Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great view! Ward & I took a trip to Maine and did the Hwy 1 road trip. Flew into Boston and worked our way up to Acadia National Park. One of the best trips we have ever taken. The coolest find was Popham Beach. For some reason this beach had hardly anyone on it and it was huge. Absolutely loved it.
    Have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing quite like beach time. :) I hope you have an awesome vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you are all having fun... those spray paint pics looked awesome! Anyway, looking forward to Day 2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great vacation. I joined your blog party. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aside from being run off the road and eating at the filthy McD's - sounds like a fun trip so far -- the hotel looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great beach vacation spot - enjoy your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful time. Looks great already. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes! Be careful driving...hey, did that soldier in gold ever move? wow. How come the beach was empty? I guess you got there early huh? Well you got a lotta eats and it seems you're all having fun so stay happy and have fun.

    Haupi
    (Hey I missed the blog hop because when I came by here Friday it wasn't posted up and I had to go out...the language was there but no place to click on? Anyway, there's always next Friday. Just so you know...smiles)

    Haupi
    http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!