Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday Beauty Tips: Summer Beauty Steps You Shouldn't Skip!

Yes, you can ease up on some of your summer routine―but not these steps!!

1.Smoothing rough soles.

Not only are calluses unsightly when they peek out from summer sandals but they can also crack and become painful. Slough off dry skin with a pumice stone for a minute at the end of every shower.

2. Lining your lips.

Steamy heat tends to melt lipstick, causing it to smear and run. Spend 30 seconds applying lip liner first to keep color in place.

3. Washing your face at night.

Because your makeup is lighter in the summer, it's tempting to hit the sack without washing. But even light makeup, when coupled with nighttime sweat, can cause breakouts. Before you turn in, take two minutes to wash or use a premoistened face wipe.

4. Using topical antioxidants.

In the summer, you should be particularly diligent about using a cream or a serum with antioxidant ingredients, like vitamins C and E, to combat sun damage.  Apply each evening.

5. Applying a hair mask.

A rich conditioning mask, left on for 20 minutes once a week, rehydrates hair that has been dried out by sun and chlorine.  I recommend Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask!

Vacation Days will be back tomorrow!!!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tips! I am one of those peeps who absolutely cannot stand wearing make-up to bed--in fact, when I know I am in for the evening, it is the first thing to go!
    My new fave product...it sounds odd, so bear with me....is pure Emu Oil. I use it on my face at night for extra moisture. (I live in AZ where it's DRY!) It is not greasy and seems to be good for....well...everything!! I also use it on my feet at night to keep them soft, and mix some in with my body lotion as well. If you have never tried it, the stuff is amazing!!
    I also use products with anti-oxidants and vitamins, but thought I'd share the emu oil tip!

    Visit me at http://LesaSpeaksOut.com

    I look forward to reading more of your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips!! I always forget to take my makeup off at night simply because I'm so tired!! I know, I know....I shouldn't make excuses! Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the beauty tips.;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips!!! Do you have any suggestions for facial creams for oily skin and any hair mask suggestions?? I just bought Pantene's medium to thick hair intensive treatment. My hair just seems to get so dried out and completely looses it's shine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. After just a few weeks of the pool my hair and feet are dying and badly need some TLC so I am going to have to do something about both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what Aging Mommy is talking about! My hair and feet need some TLC too ... so I'm booking a pedi and getting out that bottle of deep conditioner for my hair. Thanks for the reminder Java! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nikki!!

    Thanks for asking! I would definitely recommend Garnier Daily Regenerating Moisture Cream...it is non-greasy and perfect for oily skin! Be sure to use it morning and night and don't forget your neck!!

    For a hair mask I recommend Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask!
    Let me know if you have any other questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to take some time for my hair. It's a dried out mess of yuk right now...thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!