Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hard to get used to....

I wasted several Christmas cards by doing this:


I have written Venti's name on our cards for 22 years!  Its hard to NOT write it!

Starting today I have off until Monday.....yippee!!  I am SUPER excited!  I wrapped most of the presents last night and will wrap the stocking stuffers tonight.  Having 4 children (+ a daughter-in-law) at Christmas time is like having a 2nd job!  It is very time consuming and so much to get everything together...but I'm getting there and now that I have 2 days off before Christmas I think I just may get it done!

Today I'm going to finish up my shopping and all the boys need a haircut...including Venti...I haven't cut his since the wedding!  

I have my appointment today at 10am for the TMJ evaluation.  I'm hoping to get some answers on my ear problems!!

Tomorrow we will take the boys out for an early dinner and then go to 5:00pm mass. I'm excited to spend some time with all of them.

I just found out our cat Ozzie (the European Burmese) has asthma!  He's been coughing and wheezing for about a month now and is on his 3rd medication.  Does anyone have a cat that has asthma?

I will still be posting Follow Friday 40 and Over tonight so I will see you then!  

15 comments:

  1. Java,
    I wish you and your family a beautiful, blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, yep, I understand. My problem is the opposite. My signing of the cards is getting longer each year. We keep adding animals and grandkids! I sign for all of them. Merry Christmas Java and family from Cubby, Laurie, Melissa, Juan, MJ, JoJo, Kale and our critters: Smokey, Lyla, Ebay, and our newest member...Kona.
    I hope Santa puts a new ink pen in my stocking. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Java,
    I recall that famous Wedding Haircut post. Ha.... by now a warm, funny memory, no doubt!! I want to thank you for all your time and labor with the over 40 blog hop and all the other blog efforts you so diligently put forth. It's greatly appreciated by so many bloggers.
    Wonderful Christmas to you and your family and the Merriest of New Years. Manzanita
    Wanna buy a duck

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same problem with writing my cards this year...22 years of putting my son's name on them and I couldn't bring myself not to this year even though he's left home.
    Have a wondeful Christmas Java. I shall be joining the hop again tomorrow though...can't manage without my weekly fix now. Thank you for having given me the chance to 'meet' new friends through your hops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Merry Christmas Java! Hope it's a blessed one honey-
    xo Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is okay if you still write his name. You could also add his wife's name.
    I hope your ear problem is getting better.
    That cartoon is cute. A little shuttle though.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas Java! My Christmas Countdown is actually to December 30th when Writer Son and new Daughter-in-love move here!!! Yay! haven't seen them since the Oct. wedding! I am so giddy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas to you and your family! I hope you have a blessed Christmas Eve (and Day) and may 2011 be the best yet!
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the same problem when each of my girls left. It still seems strange signing only 2 names! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That would be weird not writing one of the boys' names. Did you ever say how the interview went, or did I miss it?
    We're still debating what time we're going to Mass tomorrow. Since FES is here, and it will be his first Mass EVER, we're thinking about Midnight Mass, but the weather is suppose to get bad.
    Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's nothing like Christmas with kids and kids-in-law! Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!
    Deb @ RaisingFigureSkaters.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's very hard getting used to not writing the name. I'd just put my daughters, her husbands and the kids in with mine but he doesn't seem like he'd appreciate it. Plus...my son-in-laws mom stopped doing it so I'm thinking something was said! I'm putting my college son on everything...as long as I'm paying the bills I can do what I want. It doesn't matter where he lives!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!