Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday Beauty Tips!! Beauty Secrets Part 2!!



Terrific Eye Cream

Before bed apply unscented castor oil around your eyes. Plastic surgeons use this on their patients after surgery! 


Tighten Skin and Remove Eye Wrinkles
This tip tightens the skin and removes wrinkles under the eyes. You will need a can of sardines, and a comfortable place to lay down. Take two sardines, and place one under each of the eyes and leave on for about 10-15 minutes or longer. You can also place them on the eye lid to reduce wrinkles and tighten skin. Easy but a smelly trick to do, however it works great! Susan Lucci (All my children, Erica Kane) has been known to use this little home remedy. You'll see results the same day! If you do this daily or weekly, results will be more dramatic.

Baggy Eyes
Got baggy eyes? Try this trick! Dab some Preparation H hemorrhoid cream on those bags!! It will shrink them up in no time!  
 
Under Eye Dark Circles
For under eye circles and wrinkles, mix a drop or two of honey with 2-3 drops of fresh lemon juice. Apply to the area under the eye. I honestly can not remember how long to leave this solution on, but I leave it on for about 15 min. to 1/2 hour and it seems to work. Or try this one:  Take 1 tsp. tomato juice, 1/2 tsp. lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder and a tsp. of flour. Make a paste and apply. Leave for 10 minutes and wash off.
 
 
Homemade Hair Remover!
Why spend hundreds of dollars at the salon getting your body hairs waxed when you can MAKE the wax in your own home using just a few simple ingredients? Use 1 cup of honey, 3/4 cup of molasses, 1/2 cup sugar, and a little juice from a lemon. Be sure to heat it up enough to where its not too hot. Stir, apply to area you want to wax and remove it with linen strips. It costs only pennies on the dollar to make and it really works!
 
 
Keep Makeup Fresh
After applying makeup, spray mineral water on your face and let dry. Do not wipe. Makeup will stay looking fresh longer. 
 
The Best Moisturizer!
Expensive health spas use this treatment! Wash face thoroughly. While your face is still wet, rub in a small amount of petroleum jelly. Continue wetting face until the jelly is spread evenly and doesn't appear greasy. Your gonna love how smooth and soft your face feels! Just remember, it will not stay greasy if you keep adding water alittle at a time! 
 
Smudge-proof Eyes
To seal eyeliner in place, trace over the line with a powder shadow in a matching shade. Another good tip is to use a fine brush, dip in water then your powdered shadow and then trace over your liner
 
Wrinkle Remover
Green seedless grapes! No kidding! It's one of the ingredients in those big time expensive wrinkle creams. All you do is cut a grape in half and gently crush it on your face and neck. Make sure that you get the "crows-feet" and the lines around your mouth. Leave it on for twenty minutes or so and rinse with tepid water and pat dry. Repeat every day and before you know it... those nasty old lines will be hard to find!! While you are at it, drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. And... eat veggies rich in Vitamin A, such as carrots, celery and spinach. Also, get 8 hours of sleep every night.  No grapes?  Try this one: Soak cotton pads in orange juice and put them over the eyes for one half hour to get rid of wrinkles.  Another good one: A& D ointment!  Then use a very warm damp facecloth to "melt" it. You don't have to spent a small fortune on "miracle" moisturizers!
   
 
 

24 comments:

  1. My Mom uses grape seed oil (yes it is for cooking too) in all her lotions and face creams. Recommended by a friend's cosmetic surgeon also. Love these tips! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh boy, sardines!? LOL! are you serious?

    Correct link to my blog > BLOGitse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips and all worth a try....except maybe the sardines. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great tip...but I eat the sardines ^_^. And since I have dry skin (face) I love to try that petroleum jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know about the sardines. I've never even bought them to eat! I swear by petroleum jelly in the winter, that stuff is magic in a jar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I will stick with the wrinkles around the eyes as there is no way that I would be able to stomach the smell of sardines:)

    I do like the other options. Although, I can't imagine how messy the "wax" at home method would be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these home ideas. BUt, have you tried the sardines one???

    ReplyDelete
  9. The one thing I wished I did but don't have the guts to do is waxing.

    How many of these have you tried Java? Which is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I'm hungry....except for the whole sardine thing. But hey, anything in the name of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome tips sista. I had heard of the Castor Oil before and a couple of the other ones. I don't think I could do my own waxing though! And the SARDINES.....I draw the line there, lol!

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Java,

    I don't normally read the beauty tips. I have noticed that remaining beautiful is a lot of work. Sardines. Castor oil. Preparation H. *sigh* Men don't do these things. However, all of your tips are cheaper than those expensive products and probably work better. I feel breaking into song. "Sometimes, it's hard to be a woman..."

    Thanks Java!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of any of these tips - how educational! Sadly, I'm usually far too lazy to do anything aside from brushing my teeth to get ready!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will try the grapes and grapeseed oil but sardines?!? Oh well, if it works :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like some of your other commenters, I have to say "sardines, really?!". Even if they work wonders, I don't think I could do it. Love the other ideas though.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aren't you just full of interesting snippets? I had heard about the haemorrhoid cream before but not about sardines or grapes. I am no good at any of this stuff but I reckon I could try out a green grape on my face. How hard can that be? Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all but the sardines! Would be great to post these tips on the MidChix Health and Beauty Flock!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought you were joking when you suggested the sardines-but the rest of your tips are legit so I will have to believe you. Though I won't ever try the sardines. ew. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wouldn't it be easier to prick a capsule of krill or fish oil and put the oil under your eyes rather than slap a sardine on? Same principle but all the oil gets put on. These were some amazing ideas. The best beauty advice, tho, is being happy!

    I love reading www.cosmeticscop.com - she's like Consumer's Reports and tells the truth about high end products and false claims, etc. Her own stuff is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a plethora of great suggestions! Maybe I'll even try a few. I can just see my husband walking in on me while I have two sardines over my eyes. I will calmly tell him, "it's all for you, honey, to keep myself beautiful for you!" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice blog, I want to make an offer mutually beneficial to you, to up our income from blogging. if you are interested please, email me at: zaruzze@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I tried your sardine tip.
    I really liked the texture and smell of them but
    unfortunately I ate them because I was so hungry! lol! :)

    BLOGitse

    ReplyDelete
  23. lady Dr oz said sardine's do work and tomorrow on the doctors show they are going to show how it instantly works , yes its gross but I swear by it no more wrinkles around my eyes :-) ... good luck and remember be kind to your skin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. lady Dr oz said sardine's do work and tomorrow on the doctors show they are going to show how it instantly works , yes its gross but I swear by it no more wrinkles around my eyes :-) ... good luck and remember be kind to your skin :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!