Friday, March 12, 2010

Delicious and Easiest Strawberry Shortcake Dessert!!

Since Venti is home for 10 days I had to make his favorite dessert! Strawberry Shortcake!! It is his favorite! They way I make it is super easy and super delicious!!!

You will need:

1 Classic Yellow Cake Mix
2 Quarts Strawberries (washed and cut in half or smaller)
Large Container of Whipped Topping (thawed out in the fridge)

Bake the cake as directed on the box. I use a rectangular pan, but you could use any size or even 2 rounds.



After the cake has cooled...and be sure its cooled...carefully take it out of the pan onto a sheet of wax paper or paper towels.

Take a long knife and slice through the middle of the cake cutting it into 2...if you use 2 rounds then you won't need to cut it into 2.






Put the bottom layer back into the pan or on a fancy tray if you are making it for a party...set the top layer aside.

Take half of the Whipped topping and cover the bottom layer.



Next place cut up strawberries on top of the whipped topping.



Carefully place the unfinished top layer on the finished bottom layer.



Cover with the remaining whipped topping and strawberries.



And your done!!!!





How simple is that??? It is so easy..so fast...and so good!!! This cake doesn't last but 1 day in this house!

Let me know if you make it and how it turns out!!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh yummy! Now I'm hungry!
    I'm following you from Friday Follow! :)

    Have a great weekend!
    http://raisingmy4sons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this looks yummy!
    New follower from Follow Friday!
    Happy following.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls!!! I'll add you to my list too!! Happy Following as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Follow Friday , What an awesome desert idea for the the weekend.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had shortcake made with yellow cake cut and made individually, but I absolutely love this idea of putting the whole thing together in the pan. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks girls!! It is a great and easy (and delicious) dessert! Leaving in the pan makes it that much easier...plus its easier to store that way...if it makes it that far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks beautiful and I'm sure it is absolutely delicious too! I love strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! And yes it is!! Hard to resit!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!