Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Graduation



Venti graduates from Penn State in May. I can hardly believe 4 years went by already. I remember the first day there. We set up his room...made sure everything was just right before we left...we stayed for hours not wanting the time to come for when it was time to leave. We were stalling! Finally it was time to go. He walked us to the corner where the bus would pick us up and take us to our car...far away from his little dorm room....I balled...and balled...looking back at him waving at us was the saddest moment I can remember. When we got home his room looked so empty. I felt like he was gone forever. It felt like our family wasn't a family anymore because he wasn't here. For a whole week we cried. If I was folding laundry and came across an item of his..I'd cry. When he called at night, who ever answered the phone..cried. Joe cried....Grande cried...It was awful! As time went on, it did get easier to deal with. I still cry. I cry when he comes home because now we are use to him not being here! It is very hard to kiss your child goodbye no matter where or what the situation is.



So now comes graduation...from college...its a big deal! He has worked so hard to get to this point. We want to have a nice party for him. So we started checking around and getting prices. I think I have to get a 2nd mortgage for this party! Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I just cried when I read your blog. I remember those feelings so well when Alyssa went off. It was the hardest thing ever. I still cry every time she goes back. I get to do it all again in the fall with Ryan going off this time. I hope my heart can take it. Good luck finding your special graduation spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal! Thanks! I know you can relate huh? It is sad...its like our family isn't the same family anymore...everything changes! My 2nd son is going to a local college so we didn't have to go through it a 2nd time...not sure about son's 3 & 4! Good luck with Ryan in the Fall! I'm hoping your heart will take it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for stopping by and following! I'm following back and I'm a Penn State grad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah a Penn State grad!! How wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!