Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Tuesday Beauty Tips! 5 Skin Oaths You Won't Regret!
New year can mean an all new YOU!
Commit to these changes:
* I will take care of my neck: Like your face, your neck is vulnerable to UV damage. Protect it with sunscreen daily, along with your chest and hands.
* I will not wash with hot water: High temperature strip skin of its natural oils, causing dryness and irritation. If you don't want to give up hot showers, cleanse your face first with lukewarm water( and keep it out of the shower stream).
* I will not exercise with make-up on: Cosmetics and sweat clog pores more than sweat alone causing breakouts and enlarged pores.
* I will get an annual skin exam: See a dermatologist yearly to check for any moles that have changed color or texture or to examine other lesions that might signal skin cancer.
* I will update my beauty products: Each product category has its own shelf life, based on its ingredients and preservatives.
MASCARA: Every six months.
SUNSCREEN: It's usually effective for up to 3 years when stored correctly(high temperature render it ineffective); check the expiry date on the bottle.
ANTI-AGERS: Ingredients like retinoids and AHAs are effective for 3 months to a year. Anti-oxidants like Vitamin C last about 6 months once opened.