Here is a recap of the days of my life since last Wednesday!
- Joe, Short and I headed out searching for our first live Christmas tree in 10 years! I was very excited to have a real tree again! We haven't had a real one in such a long time because the last one that we got we had it all up and decorated...about 2 week later we see some weird "things" on the ceiling...upon closer inspection we find that these weird "things" were spiders! The tree had a nest of spiders in it and they made a huge spider web above the tree and on the ceiling! YUCK! We took the whole tree...ornaments and all and threw it outside! It took me this many years to try another one!!
- Found the perfect tree! I inspected it for spiders....appears to be all clear!
- Tree is up! Decorations on! Check!
- Thanksgiving day was great! Everyone was at my parents house...both my sisters and their familes, Venti and Mocha...my in-laws...it was a lot of fun!
- We got home from my parents house about 8pm. We had looked over the Black Friday ads all day and knew where we needed to go....Walmart.....we had to do what we had to do!
- We laid down and tried to get a couple of hours of sleep but neither one of us did. We got up at 12:15am, got dressed and headed to Walmart. We got there at 12:30am and they handed out maps of the store and showed where you needed to go for what item. We headed to the food section where they had 32" TV's on sale for $198 (for Short).....when we found the line, it was already down one whole isle! Joe was number 44 in line and they only had 100 TV's....at 12:30am and the sale didn't start until 5:00am so that meant standing in line for 4 1/2 hours! I said that I better go find where the laptops (for Tall...$198!) were because I was going to wait in that line. After wadding through the crowd I found the line that was already in 2 isles over near the Health and Beauty section. I get in line and find that I am number 63 and they only have 66 laptops! I called Joe and told him what number I was and he couldn't believe it!
- After about 2 hours of standing in line I've bonded with everyone around me....after all what else can you do in the middle of the night...impatiently waiting!
- 3:00am and they decide the better "re-count" the people in line. They get to me and I'm number 70! Remember...they only have 66 laptops! I start freaking out and so does the 4 people in front of me that thought they were getting a laptop!
- Another re-count...opps they counted wrong...I'm still number 63...whew!
- My butt is numb from trying to find something soft to sit on....I tried a package of Depends....nope...a package of Always maxipads....a littler better.....I make a bathroom run (they allow you to go and you only get 10 minutes to go and get back!) and grab a pillow on my way back....success! But by then I think my behind was so numb that I couldn't feel anything anyhow!
- 5:00am....omg finally...I begin to think I'm going crazy!
- They have 1 register going for the 66 laptops. Nice! I'll be here another hour.
- 6:00am...yep....just checked out. Joe paid for the TV an hour ago. TV and laptop in hand...success!
- 6:20am. Breakfast time! We get to our favorite restaurant and I order pancakes. I was so hungry from being up all night...I didn't even have a drink while waiting in line!
- 6:30am....these pancakes suck! I've never had worse pancakes! I eat them anyhow because I was so hungry!
- 2:00pm...Joe and I both wake up....can't believe its 2:00pm! Half the day is gone!
- 6:30pm. We meet friends of our for dinner that we haven't seen since last year. It was great seeing them and dinner was delicious! I had cheese ravioli!
- 10:00pm. Is it bedtime yet?? How can I be tired when I just got up at 2:00pm??
Saturday afternoon Joe, Short and I made some really cute Christmas ornaments! I'll do a post on Thursday about it!
Sunday Joe and I put the outside Christmas lights up! Another check on my list. Now I just have to put the inside decoration up....and clean the bathrooms...not sure which one I want to tackle first!