Thursday, February 3, 2011

Follow Friday 40 and Over!!

Happy Friday everyone! Have I told you lately how much you all mean to me? You are all such a wonderful group of friends...I feel like I've known you for a long time and its a nice little group we have here isn't it?? We are all lucky to have each other and share in our life experiences!!!

Today is my last day of work as the store manager!  I start my new job Monday at the Dept. of Revenue.  I am super excited!  It has been a really stressful week.  They haven't replaced me yet and are still interviewing for it.  I was unsure about my decision, but after this week I am 110% sure that I made the right decision and couldn't be happier about it!  I will let you know on Tuesday how my first day went!

Tonight is my sister's 40th birthday party.  Then tomorrow is Short's last basketball game...Sunday is a Superbowl party at my parents house with family and friends..and then my new job Monday.  Lots going on!!

And now....Follow Friday!  Hope everyone has a super weekend!

 
Welcome to the 36th edition of the  
Follow Friday 40 and Over!! 


Are you a blogger over 40? Yeah, welcome to the club!
Please join in the fun and get to know your fellow bloggers!!





Congratulations to my friend Donna at "The House on the Corner"


Her blog was randomly selected from the participants of last  Friday's Blog Hop
to be the featured blog this week!!


She holds the #2 Hot Spot this week. Make sure you show her some love and follow her blog.

As a special gift, if your blog is selected and you do not have a blog button, I will make one for you!!!  Plus I will add your button to my Awesome Blogs  page!!

Maybe you will get selected next time!  Wouldn't it be great to have your blog showcased here!!!
Good luck to all!

The RULES to join in are very simple!

1. Grab the button
2. Add your link to the list
3. Visit as many other blogs as you can
4. Follow the ones you like (and comment on their blog to say that you are following)

NOTE:  PLEASE leave your blog address when you leave a comment!!  I have had several people wanting to follow back but the blogger can't always be found through the google info page!!

This list is new each week. The links do not carry over. Please link up  each week for new participants to find your blogs. It will be visible all week to visit  the blogs listed.

While you are here, make sure you check out the
Over 40 Blogger List!!

Be sure to join if you haven't already!


HAVE FUN!

31 comments:

  1. You have no idea how giddy I am right now!! Thank you so much for starting my Friday out on a high note!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping your new job is a perfect "fit" for you. Enjoy your weekend.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I know I need new glasses, but are the words on your post black along with the background??? I have my nose on the monitor trying to read this post... lol... OH I need new glasses...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the new job and your busy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so exciting! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting Follow Friday 40 and Over every week, Java! You rock! Good luck at your new job!
    http://RaisingFigureSkaters.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've given you an award, stop over to my page to grab it and follow the acceptance criteria!!!

    Truly Smply Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, sounds like many exciting things are going on in your life. That's wonderful. As they say, "When one door closes, another one opens". Good luck at your new job. I hope you find your way in this new career very easily. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of Luck! Sounds like the Year of the Rabbit will be ringing in lots of good things for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck from me too from across the pond. This sounds like an exciting time for you right now and still you've found time to host this. Huge thanks. Hope your weekend is completely funfilled.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. When oh when oh when oh when do I get to be grown up enough to be on the Friday Hop! Boooo! Age discrimination! Booo! If I add up the ages of myself and my animals we make it over 40 easy. Can we do a collective age count? ;)

    Congratulations on the new job! Pack a GOOD lunch for Monday and have an EXCELLENT day at work! First and last!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting each week, Java! Sounds like the perfect way to start off a new month - celebrating your sister's 40th, the Super Bowl, and first day at a new and improved job! :) Good luck on your first day Monday - can't wait to read all about it!

    Aloha: Where Do You Blog?

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats and darn i have a few months before i'm forty which i guess is good time flies to quickly now

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning. I found this blog a couple of weeks ago & I love it. I decided to participate in Follow Friday but since this is my first blog hop, I'm having a bit of a problem (of course). I clicked to enter my URL at Linky and I filled in the required fields clicked on add link and nothing has happened. Does it take awhile for the link to show on the list? I can't wait to visit blogs today after work.

    Thanks, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finally...I thought I was the only person over 40 on the entire blogosphere!! I'm so happy to have found your site!!

    I’m following from Fun Follow Friday
    http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Debra...I don't see your link and I can't get a in touch with you. Please leave your blogs address and I'll link it up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a bittersweet day for you. I'm sure once you get settled in the new job, you will find you made the right decision!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy the party tonight!
    Good luck for Monday!

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Luck on the new job. My stepdaughter works for the Dept. of Revenue and it was a great move for her.
    I wish we lived closer and we could run the marathon together..what a hoot that would be. I will be recording my journey on my other blog Shawn a Marathon Runner in Training. I am reading a book with a 6 month plan that appears to be very doable!
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow. The computer gods are messing with me today. I posted a comment with my URL and it has disappeared into cyberspace, Java.

    Lets try again.

    http://fitandfab365.com/

    Thanks,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can't wait to hear about the first day on the new job- I hope it's a fabulous day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. First time here! It was fun and I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for hosting all these wonderful reads! I am off to find some new blog friends. Happy Weekend and best of luck on your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Java, thanks for hosting Sweetie! Just linked up a bit late due to a long, stressful day at work. Come by and join me this weekend if you can. Hugs, Roz

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi! I don't know if you accept awards, but I've just received The Irresistably Sweet Blog Award and decided to pass the sweetness to you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good luck with the new job!

    And tell your sis Happy Birthday and...

    ...Ha-ha, you're one of us now !

    Carolee Sperry
    The Blogging Biz Mom

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am having a giveaway of Puerto Rico photos I had enlarged. I hope you'll come by and join in.

    PS looking forward to the Monday questions, it is such a fun series.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good luck on Monday! I am sure you will be very happy…But remember, the first few days are hard, so if you are not madly excited / loving it, don’t get discouraged…give it a little time…

    ReplyDelete
  30. I was actually hoping this was an Over 40 Book Blogger follow, but it looks like a good place to hang out anyway.
    The Steel Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!