Thursday, February 3, 2011

The End of Blog Hops? Update!!

I love hosting the blog hops for everyone and even though they are a lot of work and are time consuming I really do enjoy hosting them but now I'm in a dilemma.  The website that I use for the blog hops has now decided to charge for these hops!  I found out yesterday and tried using another blog hop site that didn't go very well (those of you that tried linking up yesterday to Wordless Wednesday are witness to that!).

So I have until February 7th to pay the $24.00 for the yearly fee.  Here is what I read when I logged in to the linky site:
------------------------------------------------------------
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE – Please read this if you have a Linky Tools account and want to keep it OPEN past Feb 7th, 2011…
On February 7th, all free, unpaid accounts will be deactivated. 
VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
Linky Tools has grown to over 16,000 users and I have to go to a subscription service.
To keep your account from being DEACTIVATED on February 7th you MUST pay the $24.00 yearly fee to continue using the blog hops.
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
 I do not make ANY money on this blog and so I cannot justify spending $24.00 for something that everyone gets to enjoy.  So I am humbly asking all of you if you could possibly donate towards this fee so that these blog hops can continue?  If not then there will be no more Follow Friday 40 and Over and Meet Me On Monday!

Even $1.00 would be helpful!

I love doing the blog hops for everyone and feel like they help us all find new friends and readers for our blogs!
Thank you in advance for your help!!

Update:  Someone very kindly paid the entire fee!!  They want to remain annoymous and I will respect their wishes but I wanted to THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!  Thank you from everyone!!

Saturday was Tall's Snowflake Dance at school and I wanted to post some pictures for you!!  This is him and his girlfriend.  You can click on any of them to enlarge them.







28 comments:

  1. OH no!!!! The pictures are precious... I always loved the name "Snowflake Ball" dances, although I never went to one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! All the kids are handsome and beautiful. I bet they had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Java,
    I have just donated a dollar and then saw that someone has paid the whole lot, I feel so mean now! I think that Brent offers an excellent service and is worth paying for, his site offers lots of advice for bloggers too.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So if I just want to link up I have to pay 24.00?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful teenagers and beautiful, generous readers! I'm such a blogging rookie, don't even know what a blog hop is, but will try to educate myself asap. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Thank you to whoever paid it! We appreciate you and it very much! That was very very kind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you to the generous donor. That was so very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meant to add that these are great pics of the teens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Helen...thank you also for the donation! You should not feel mean at all! That was so kind of you!

    @ Deni...no you do NOT have to pay to link up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're not the first one to say that they've been told that there will be a fee. I find that interesting....I've been using Linky Tools and haven't received any kind of notice.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Someone was very kind to donating the entire payment. Just when we think the world is an unkind, unsafe and mean spirited place.....a little light shines to make it all better.
    Thank you "little light" from me.
    Great photos of all the teens. What a special time for them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pics! (And a bit down Memory Lane for me *smiles*) Thanks! Just signed up for Linky Links, got a 30 day freebie with $24 to pay. Thanks to Anon for paying. Like so many others, I would've been happy to contribute. You do us all a great service and shouldn't have to pay out of your pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw how wonderful thank you annoymous

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Bev...you will see the notice when you log into their website...its in HUGE writing! lol..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do not being forced to pay fees just to have an ability it place links. that is why when and if I have to pay a fee to keep my blog I will stop blogging this is not right.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks to whoever paid that! I was fixin' to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well I glad someone donated too! but I would have kept stopping here anyway. Tall looks great, hopefully no one froze to death.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The pictures are great! Beautiful teens and I am sure the had a wonderful time. I too want to thank the mystery donor.
    I read this post before I went to church this morning and came back to donate and read the comments. Bloggers are a wonderful group of people.
    Blessings,
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  19. i have something for you at my blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely pics and nice that there are such generous people out there

    ReplyDelete
  21. How very sweet! See Java... we all just love getting to know each other, hopping from city to city, country to country, commiserating, sharing a laugh or two, realizing that we are not alone sometimes during struggles or find a friend that shares the same silly things.. The Blog Hops and MeMe's - whatever you want to call it is a way of easily connecting. We click on a blog link and it opens the door to someone's home is the way I feel.. and I can see that so many feel the same.. I bet that the annonymous donater feels the same way... You got it girlfriend and we are all only to happy to follow you.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. There is a free link system somewhere... but I can't remember the address now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you lord to the person that paid. I still want to help, next time around :)

    The couple looks lovely and great pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whoever paid the fee...a big THANK YOU! It really is so much fun and THANK YOU Java for hosting each week. There are really nice people out there still!

    Carol-the gardener

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay Java, I can't help it, Every time I look at a picture of tall's gf, I just keep thinking about those condoms... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just read this and came to say of course I would donate for the hop...I love it. Then I read that some generous soul has paid the entire amount. Thank you so much for that. The blog hop has allowed me to meet such wonderful people and I for one am grateful to them and you for hosting it.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much to the donor! I was getting ready to put my cash in too.
    Peace...Naila Moon

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!