Monday, April 30, 2012

Off the market!!

I have been busier then ever and wanted to fill you in on what's been going on with me! As you know we listed our house for sale last Wednesday......by Sunday it was off the market....and no we didn't have a buyer...we changed our minds! Something just didn't seem right and after much thought we decided that if we aren't 100% sure then we aren't going to go through with it! And now that we did change our minds we are so glad we did! It is such a relief and now we know that it was the right decision!
We are getting new carpet on the 17th which will make the house look new and give it a nice lift that it needs. That is the only home improvement that needed to be done since we already got new countertops, new tile in the kitchen, all new lights and we repainted so I think after the new carpet is in, it will all be complete and we can sit tight for a couple of years!!

On Saturday we helped Venti move to Maryland. He has been commuting everyday for his job since January and traveling 170 miles everyday!! Talk about a long day! And then his wife Mocha also got a job down there and she has been traveling as well and they didn't always work the same shift so both had to drive! They will probably be there for about 2 years and then hopefully he can transfer back home. I'm just happy that they aren't commuting everyday as that was worrisome.

My Dad just had heart surgery and had to have a defibrillator put in. His heart was only working at 25%. The surgery went well and he is already feeling better. I'm sure you will remember when he fell last year and he has had problems ever since. It still upsets me and I think about it every day.

Grande and Tall will be home for the Summer on Friday.....let the fun begin! Yikes! Joe, Short and I are so used to it being just the 3 of us and now I'm going to have to cook again! And buy more groceries....and do more laundry....and clean more......ahhhh but it will be nice to have them home!!

My job is going okay. I am tolerating it now....ha! The lady that started a week before me walked out last Friday. It is a relief that she is gone. She was a bit psycho and you never knew what she was going to do next. My old boss is still emailing me to come back which I have been thinking about but it is so laid back where I work now and free parking so I am going to have to give that a lot of thought!!

My birthday is Friday and while in the past I have not been a fan of birthdays at all, I am now realizing that I should be happy to celebrate each one that I am given and that's exactly what I'm going to do!

Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Java

    Wow you have had a busy time, but glad to hear you are not selling your house. Its hard to sell a home and moving. Enjoyed stopping by and have a great week.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your dad is doing well. I am glad you made the right decision about your house. All the best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy early birthday in case I don't get back here this week! I embrace each year I am given. I never have understood why people get upset with birthdays.
    It is always a relief when a decision is made and you know it is the right one!
    Glad your dad is feeling better!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've been busy! Hope you love the new carpet, and enjoy being re-settled in your house.
    And Happy Birthday for Friday! I agree re celebrating each birthday that we're given, it is a gift.
    (as someone said "I used to hate getting old, until I thought of the alternative)....not insinuating that you're getting old, Java, but do enjoy your special day and get those around you to spoil you rotten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celebrate you! Sounds like your house is HOME!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!