Friday, January 22, 2010

Easy Amish Pot Pie Soup!! Fill Your Tummy Friday!!

Cooking for 5 boys is not an easy task! We do things LARGE around here! Especially when Venti is home from college. One thing that is a big hit in this house is my Amish Pot Pie Soup! It is sort of like Chicken Rival Soup. I make it without corn, but you could easily add it in...you could also add potatoes and/or celery if you so desire!

Here is how I make it:

1 Rotisserie Chicken (take off the bones and save the chicken and any extra juice in the bottom of the container and put into a bowl..put in fridge and save for later.


I use a 16 quart pot and fill it 3/4 full of water.
Leave it on medium heat and add 2 bags of frozen carrots (I used crinkle cut).

Add in 1 jar of Herbox:

Let that on the stove on medium heat for at least an hour.

Next you need 7 eggs in a large bowl:


Add milk...I don't measure, but its around 2 cups:


Whisk eggs with a fork:


Add enough flour so that the dough isn't sticky...you will probably need to add more as you make the rivals but for now add enough so that it get crumbly:



Turn the heat up to medium high while you are making the dough mixture.
Once it starts to boil, add in another jar of Herbox:


Now that its boiling start dropping very small dough pieces/balls:


Continue doing that until all the dough is used up..stirring occasionally...you may need to add more flour to the dough mixture if it is too sticky:


The pot will look very full of the rivals! Once all the dough is used, add parsley (use your own judgement as to how much you want to add)...then add the chicken...stir in the chicken and its ready to serve after about 5 minutes!


This makes ALOT! You will have lots for leftovers!


Although in my house, this is all I get!


Hope you enjoy! Please let me know if you make it and how it turns out! Also if you have any questions, please ask!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!